Thursday 19 March 2009

Baring it all

I admit it, the thought of going out with no make-up on completely petrifies me.  Not if I'm having a duvet day and need to pop out for a pint of milk, I'm not that bad.  I would however flinch at spending a full day out without a spec of make-up.

I can't believe myself, I know I'm no Kate Moss but come on!  Get a grip! I love make-up but I need to be able to live without it.

I can't remember when it got that bad, it was in the last six months I'm sure.  I haven't become more vein or more insecure I've simply got into a routine that I cannot break free from!

Let's assess the reasons for my compulsive make-up wearing (do not judge).

  • I have very bad skin - spots around my mouth, dry everywhere else, uneven complexion
  • I started wearing eyebrow pencil and now feel like I am naked without it
  • If I wear foundation alone I feel pale
  • I have to wear bronzer to match my face to my body
  • If I only wear face make-up, my eyes look small
  • My hair requires me to wear make-up or I face the fear of being mistaken for a boy
So, I admit, I get up a little earlier to allow time to put my make-u on, I actually quite enjoy the process.  However, after careful self reflection I have made myself a promise... When I go to Australia in three weeks I will bare all and not wear any make-up, once I have a tan and my spots have cleared up!

So often make-up is a mask and an essential but I'm taking a stand and reminding myself why I started wearing it in the first place.  It's fun, expressive and should be enjoyable to apply and wear, just like choosing an outfit!


For now I can't live without my Touche Eclat by YSL or my MAC bronzer but I promise I will bare all again soon.

SOMETIMES BE BRAVE AND BARE ALL (it's good to give your skin a breather!)

No comments:

Post a Comment